CHN 2302 Business Chinese II
This course is designed to help students build upon their Chinese language skills to gain proficiency in Business communications in formal and professional settings. With integrated learning, students will be able to command immersion business dialogues and formal corporate apparatus like letters, reports, charts, and presentations in structured business environments. While focusing on the Chinese language that is used in the business world, this course will also highlight business related issues like economic climate, cultural differences that can hinder or strengthen business relations.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: CHN 2301
- Comprehend level-appropriate business conversations and presentations with cultural and business idiomatic expressions at the intermediate level.
- Be able to engage in immediate business conversations and make formal business presentations in culturally appropriate contexts.
- Understand main ideas and implications of varied business communications at the intermediate level. Be able to identify different types of business files and correspondence on familiar topics with highly contextualized words and phrases.
- Learn simplified characters at intermediate level and be able to write or type brief business letters, emails, report, and short presentations of 150-200 words each.
- Be able to understand the cultural context of language interactions and can use culturally appropriate etiquette and expressions to enhance business communications.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3