CHE 2151 Lab for Organic Chemistry I
Lab for CHE 2111.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Effectively use extraction, column chromatography, thin layer chromatography, distillation and crystallization techniques to purify reaction products.
- Maintain complete and organized lab notebook and write lab reports using the ACS (American Chemical Society) guidelines.
- Perform efficient synthesis of alkenes, alkyl halides, and aromatic compounds by carefully following the defined procedures.
- Use melting or boiling points, IR (Infrared), NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance), UV (Ultraviolet) spectrometers and GC/MS (Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer) to analyze organic compounds and reaction products.
- Demonstrate safe techniques when performing experiments and dispose chemical wastes safely in accordance with OSHA and EPA standards.
Credit Hours: 0