CAT 2571 NSPS Certified Survey Technician Preparation
This course is an in-depth review of the eleven areas of concentration in preparation of the Level I and/or Level II Survey Technician Certification used by the National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS). One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: Yes
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: CAT 1501
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historical development of survey procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of field duties of a survey technician including OSHA standards, types of surveys and field note recording.
- Demonstrate proper use of surveying equipment and tools.
- Apply basic mathematical relationships and measurement concepts to the surveying process.
- Demonstrate ability to read, interpret, analyze and create cadastral, topographic and construction survey maps to solve related problems.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2