CAT 2421 Soil Mechanics
Theories of soil mechanics including soil classifications, sampling and testing methods, stress distribution, shearing resistance and strength of soils. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MAT 1470
- Prepare technical reports.
- Demonstrate soil testing procedures.
- Compare soil classifications.
- Understand the relationship between soil strength characteristics and design of structures.
- Identify subsurface soil exploration.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2