CAT 1241 Building Systems
Basic mechanical and electrical system design principles for residential and commercial structures. Structural engineering principles for designing residential and commercial structures using wood, steel and concrete. Research appropriate building codes and apply knowledge to solve engineering challenges. Three classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: CAT 1101 OR CAT 1201
- Develop basic electrical system designs for residential and commercial building applications.
- Demonstrate the integration of mechanical, electrical and plumbing components into building models.
- Develop basic mechanical system designs for residential and commercial building applications.
- Identify loads, stresses and reactions, and building designs to accommodate loads.
- Describe accepted practices for designing wood, steel and concrete structures.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3