CAT 1201 Construction Methods & Materials
Construction methods of materials for both residential and commercial structures. Emphasis on processes and techniques. Understanding of blueprint reading of architectural and civil drawings. Hands-on exercises of residential and commercial applications. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Architectural Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- To establish familiarity, perform basic lab experiments using common building materials, equipment, and methods to construct and deconstruct a structure.
- Know the origin, development and expected use of common building materials for residential and commercial construction projects.
- Complete requirements for a 10-hour OSHA card.
- Understand the relationship, functionally and contractually, between key entitites involved in the construction industry, including owners, designers, contractors, regulators, and material suppliers.
- Understand terminology related to construction materials, methods, equipment, processes, and industry professionals.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 3