BIS 1260 Database Software
Students will learn to design and manage databases using the relational model, use database objects to manage data including data integrity, data analysis and reporting, learn to derive useful information from raw data using functions and querying techniques, and create end-user database applications.
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Business Information Systems
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: BIS 1120 OR BIS 1221
- Develop end-user database applications to automate commonly used commands.
- Utilize database software tools to transform information into appropriate formats.
- Utilize database tools to ensure data integrity.
- Develop queries and utilize built-in functions to extract discernable information from raw data.
- Design a simple database using the relational model.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3