AVT 2264 Commercial Pilot Single Engine Additional Rating
Provides students with the necessary skill, knowledge and aeronautical experience necessary to meet the requirements for a commercial pilot airplane certificate with single-engine, land additional class rating. Contact the Department for the current lab fee. Nine lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Aviation Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate knowledge of airport operations, airspace boundaries and requirements, and flight information.
- Comprehend, demonstrate and apply advanced aerodynamics theory during the practice of advanced Commercial pilot flight maneuvers.
- Apply advanced human factors concepts, including aircraft systems design, advanced navigation equipment and crew resource management techniques.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of weather patterns and weather planning charts.
- Apply cross country flight planning skills by calculating time, distance and fuel burn.
Credit Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 9