AUT 2500 Tesla Student Automotive Technician START
This course is intended to educate service technicians on the technology used in Tesla motors. Topics will include: safety when working in or around high voltage, maintenance, regenerative braking, inverter power transfer, battery technologies, battery management systems, high voltage bus and charging, pack connector and penthouse controls, and autonomous technology. Electric vehicle applications and their integrated systems from Tesla motors will be used to discuss the physics of battery storage, material composition, and high-voltage generation systems. The Tesla START program provides students with the skills necessary for a successful career with Tesla.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automotive Technology
Repeatable Credit: Yes
Offered Online: No
- Service and diagnose HVAC concerns relating to the high voltage compressor and the vehicles thermal system/components.
- Service and diagnose brakes, steering and suspensions components.
- Identify various features on Tesla vehicles.
- Service and diagnose 12 volt electrical bus, sensors, and components. Service and diagnose high voltage system.
- Service and diagnose systems relating to advance drive assist systems and infotainment systems.
Credit Hours: 15
Classroom Hours: 7.5
Lab Hours: 22.5