ART 1131 Introduction to Sculpture
Introduces basic principles of sculpture and expands personal definitions and interpretations of contemporary three-dimensional art. Introduces methods of sculpture with clay, wood, plaster and other materials for constructing three-dimensional art work. Six studio hours per week.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ART 1102
- Students will learn to critique their own sculptural compositions and the work of others.
- Students will explore theories of 3-dimensional composition.
- Develop solid technical skills.
- Demonstrate strong evidence of 3 dimensional building skills.
- Develop modeling and construction methods of creating sculpture.
Credit Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 6