ALH 1114 Clinical Phlebotomy Practice
Introduction to the phlebotomy clinical setting involving structured observation and participation in the blood collection aspects of patient care under the supervision of a phlebotomist; performing venipunctures and microcollection techniques on adult and pediatric patients. One hour seminar on main campus and 105 hours un-paid practicum per term.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ALH 1113
- Identify how the role of a phlebotomist varies according to clinical setting.
- Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities associated with patient care.
- Observe the management of phlebotomist duties in an assigned, off-campus medical setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to document appropriately and accurately in both content and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in dress, language and interactions within a medical setting.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 1
Practicum Hours: 105