AGR 1160 Introduction to Agriculture Science
This class is an overview of the Agriculture Industry. Guest lecture presentations, field trips, career research, and industry personnel interviews provide students with real-world examples of the skills and abilities necessary to compete in the world of Agriculture Science.
Division: Business and Public Services
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DEV 0035
- Identify and describe careers available in the agriculture industry.
- Discuss the challenges facing agriculture in managing natural resources.
- Identify challenges and opportunities associated with animal sciences.
- Describe the current state of the food science industry.
- Describe modern techniques for integrated pest management.
- Describe the current state of the crop science industry.
Credit Hours: 1
Classroom Hours: 1