ECO 2160 Principles of Macroeconomics
Basic economic principles with macro sequence. Interrelationship of households, business and government with an examination of Keynesian theory, fiscal policy and monetary policy. Traditional testing (proctored or in Testing Center) is used in all online sections.
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Economics and Finance
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: DEV 0035 AND MAT 0050
- Identify the effects of fiscal and monetary policies.
- Explain basic macroeconomic terminology and concepts, including the distinction between real and nominal magnitudes.
- Explain the supply and demand for money.
- Describe the Federal Reserve System.
- Illustrate aggregate demand and aggregate supply.
- Describe the nature of the business cycle, and differentiate the various theories of macroeconomic instability.
- Measure national income accounts, and identify important macroeconomic variables, including the unemployment rate, the natural rate of unemployment, the inflation rate, productivity and the rate of interest.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3