CIS 2630 Securing a Windows Network Environment
Successfully plan, implement and troubleshoot security for a Microsoft Windows network using the current version of the Microsoft Server operating system. Includes implementing baseline security; managing software updates through service packs and updates; securing local and remote network access; managing a Public Key Infrastructure; monitoring and responding to security incidents.
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Computer Information Systems
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: CIS 2510
- Maintain software integrity with service packs, security updates, and hot fixes.
- Monitor events, detect network intrusions, and implement prevention and recovery measures.
- Secure client computers with file system permissions, Group Policy, and other baseline security measures.
- Configure IPSec and SSL to help protect communication channels for both private and public servers.
- Manage user and network authentication, certificates, and public key encryption.
- Implement security measures for RAS, VPNs, and wireless networks.
- Protect various network servers from unauthorized access.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3