CAT 1201 Construction Methods & Materials
Construction methods of materials for both residential and commercial structures. Emphasis on processes and techniques. Understanding of blueprint reading of architectural and civil drawings. Hands-on exercises of residential and commercial applications. Three classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Read and interpret architectural blueprints.
- Compare methods of construction used in buildings.
- Know the origin, development and use of common building materials.
- Identify the people involved in the construction industry.
- Fulfill requirements for OSHA 10 hour card.
- Define the terminology related to the building construction industry.
- Work effectively in teams to complete hands-on lab activities.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3