Application for the Upcoming June 2018 Day Academy
Download the application for the Summer 2108 Day Academy. The Academy starts June 11, 2018.
- Application must be typed and printed single sided. Handwritten applications not accepted.
- The physical must be conducted by a health care professional with the designation of:
- Application must be turned in to the academy office by the applicant by the deadline date.
- DO NOT have fingerprints done, we will fingerprint you at sometime during the application process.
- Five-panel urine drug screens are now required by the State of Ohio and must be done on or after March 10, 2018. Please follow the instruction on the Drug Screen sheet in the application packet. Results must accompany the application or be e-mailed by the lab to the academy. Several Labs in the area do the drug screens and some offer student discounts. Available labs in the area include, but are not limited to LabCorp and Conentra (formerly MedWork) Labs. Please visit the lab testing link to the left for more information. These two labs are familiar with the State of Ohio requirements.
Deadline for application is Monday, May 7, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Upon receipt of a properly completed application you will be scheduled for the Physical Fitness assessment. The entry standards may be viewed by the below link. The difficulty of the entry tests should not be underestimated. Applicants should start a physical conditioning regiment now rather than wait until the last minute.
To Start the Application Process:
Read the OHIO PEACE OFFICER BASIC TRAINING STUDENT HANDBOOK in its entirety.
Complete the APPLICATION FOR JUNE 2018 BASIC TRAINING ACADEMY.
Be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
View our video detailing proper performance of the Physical Fitness Assessment
PT Entry standards can be found here.
Concentra (formerly MedWork) Form can be found here.