Application for the Upcoming January 2019 Day & Night Academy
Download the application for the Spring 2019 Day and Night Basic Peace Officer Academy. The Academy starts January 7, 2019.
- Application must be typed and printed single sided. Handwritten applications not accepted.
- The physical must be conducted by a health care professional with the designation of:
- Application must be turned in to the academy office by the applicant by the deadline date.
- DO NOT have fingerprints done, we will fingerprint you at sometime during the application process.
- Five-panel urine drug screens are now required by the State of Ohio. Please follow the instruction on the Drug Screen sheet in the application packet. Results must accompany the application or be e-mailed by the lab to the academy. Several Labs in the area do the drug screens and some offer student discounts. Available labs in the area include, but are not limited to LabCorp and Conentra (formerly MedWork) Labs. These two labs are familiar with the State of Ohio requirements.
Deadline for application HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 4:00 P.M., WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2018.
Upon receipt of a properly completed application you will be scheduled for the Physical Fitness assessment. The entry standards may be viewed by the below link. The difficulty of the entry tests should not be underestimated. Applicants should start a physical conditioning regiment now rather than wait until the last minute.
To Start the Application Process:
Read the OHIO PEACE OFFICER BASIC TRAINING STUDENT HANDBOOK in its entirety.
Complete the APPLICATION FOR JANUARY 2019 BASIC TRAINING ACADEMY.
Be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
View our video detailing proper performance of the Physical Fitness Assessment
PT Entry standards can be found here.
Concentra (formerly MedWork) Form can be found here.