These scholarships are available exclusively to those with disabilities.
Alumni Association Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
You may submit one application per term and will be eligible to receive one award per academic year. To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours
- Be registered with the Department of Disability Services
- Demonstrate that financial need is a consideration. Complete your FAFSA.
- Must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours the quarter you use the award
Karla Lortz $1,000 Scholarship—Governor’s Council on People with Disabilities
This $1,000 scholarship will be given to a student with a disability, who will be a freshman or sophomore in college during the fall term. The student receiving the award must:
- Be an Ohio resident
- Have a disability
- Be enrolled in a non-traditional field of study; non-traditional studies include: accounting, business, engineering, finance, mathematics, science, and/or technology
The scholarship will be awarded during the Governor’s Council Annual Awards Ceremony. Should the winner be a graduating senior, a member of the GCPD will attend the year end award ceremonies, at the school and announce the winner, if requested to do so. To receive the scholarship, the winner must be available to accept the scholarship at the scheduled GCPD Annual Awards Ceremony, in Columbus.
Visit the Ohio GCPD website for more information.
Information about other available scholarships can be found on Sinclair's Financial Aid & Scholarships website.