Skip to Content
Sinclair College


The most common challenges that counselors address with students include:

  • Academic Concerns
  • Personal Concerns
  • Test Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Time Management
  • Relationship Concerns
  • Study Habits
  • Anger Management
  • Time Management
  • Depression/Anxiety
  • Concentration
  • Grief/Loss
  • Motivation
  • Self-Esteem Issues
  • Procrastination
  • Alcohol/Drug Concerns
  • Physical Abuse/Violence
  • Eating Disorders
  • Homeless/Basic Needs

Road to Recovery 

Where: TBD

Who do we help?

  • Sinclair students affected by a friend's or family member's addiction or students addicted to alcohol or other substance.
Road to Recovery

What do we provide?

  • Regular support, resources, education, help and guidance to find hope & develop a  pathway to recovery

What to expect:

  • A safe and confidential environment to share feelings & experiences
  • Support from peers and leaders
  • Student speakers: assistance picking discussion topics


Leaders of Support Group:

Brenda Smith, MS, CDCA II, Counseling Services Counselor
Gloria Kinney, MS, CRC, LPC, Counseling Services Counselor

Case Management

Free and confidential counseling to assist students with both personal and academic concerns. Counseling Services is now offering a new service, Higher Education Case Management.  The purpose of the Case Manager is to provide non-clinical services to the campus community.  The mission of the Case Manager is to assist students in achieving academic success and personal growth by connecting students to the resources they need.  The Case Manager is knowledgeable about community resources and resources on campus. For example, if a student is struggling with child care, transportation, housing, or other needs in their lives, the Case Manager can assist the student with finding proper resources. If you feel like it could be helpful to meet with a counselor, feel free to call our office at 937-512-3032. Counseling Services is located in Building 4 Room 331. Peruse the Higher Ed Case Management Flyer.


Counselors are also available for consultation to help staff, faculty and students determine if a referral for counseling is needed, to answer questions and give information and to provide feedback on a given situation.


Referrals to outside agencies are made if the student needs more intensive therapy, has psychiatric or psychological concerns, needs a diagnosis for treatment or needs an evaluation. Counselors will assist students in finding the right place for them to go and will work with them until that linkage has been made in the community.