Skip to Content
Sinclair College


Find info & services specific to you:


Help FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Sinclair has created this frequently asked questions (FAQs) knowledge base to help answer common questions anytime 24/7. Just type in your question below and we will search for the answer. You can also browser answers by topic or category.

Are my accommodations for classes good for the whole year like my IEP?

No, a student needs to contact their Accessibility Services Counselor each semester, if they need accommodations for classes.

If I receive accommodations on the placement test, am I registered with Accessibility Services?

Only if you requested and completed the intake with an Accessibility Counselor.

Can I request accommodations from the instructor without requesting with Accessibility Services?

Instructors are not required to provide any accommodations to a student unless they have a Self-identification letter from the Accessibility Services Counselor with approved accommodations for the course.

Why can't my Intervention Specialist just provide my IEP accommodations?

Colleges are held responsible to different Federal laws than high schools. This is why you may realize some accommodations from high school are not considered "reasonable" in the college environment.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Have more questions, contact us at 937-512-3000 or*

*This email address is for informational purposes only and should NOT be used for official communications, complaints for which a formal response or follow up is requested, or records request.

Send feedback to us about a FAQ/s or the FAQs results