Skip to Content
Sinclair College


Find info & services specific to you:


Help FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Sinclair has created this frequently asked questions (FAQs) knowledge base to help answer common questions anytime 24/7. Just type in your question below and we will search for the answer. You can also browser answers by topic or category.

What Tech Prep programs are available?

Miami Valley Tech Prep presently offers programs of study from 15 Ohio career fields for high school students. Each program consists of academic and technical curriculum that is delivered the junior and senior year of high school. Tech Prep curriculum is designed to lead to a college degree in the technical program of choice. Click on career fields listed to the left for detailed information on individual Sinclair degree programs and certificates.

What support is available for first-generation students?

Young Scholar students meet throughout the academic year and are given the opportunity to participate in various community and cultural events. Find more information about Young Scholars.

Upward Bound is a federally funded, pre-college program that helps students complete their high school education successfully, enroll in, and graduate from college.

Student Support Services is a Federal TRIO program that is designed to help students stay in college and graduate.

What pre-college programs are available specifically for my High School?

Sinclair offers pre-college programs within partner and targeted schools, working collaboratively with parents/families, school administrators and staff, and community stakeholders to achieve student success.

How do I participate in CCP at Sinclair?

Students new to Sinclair, without a Sinclair student id, will need to complete the ONLINE CCP Application.
After submitting your online application, you will receive an email with your next steps.
Once the CCP Office at Sinclair, receives the needed information from your high school, your application will be processed, and you will be emailed & mailed your acceptance information.
For more help follow steps outlined in the Prospective Students section of the CCP webpage.

What are the important CCP deadlines?

Here you can find Important Deadlines for Sinclair College Registration Periods.

What services are available for out-of-school students?

The nationally recognized Fast Forward Center is a resource center that serves students ages 16-21 who are currently out of school or not attending regularly. Established in 2001, we assist students and parents in determining the “best fit” academic program to help them earn their high school diploma. Our purpose is to reconnect and re-engaged disconnected youth to viable alternative educational programs for high school completion and successful transition to post-secondary education, workforce, or the military.

How can I earn College credit in High School?

Sinclair offers some different ways for a current High School student to get Sinclair College credit.

Miami Valley Tech Prep Consortium (MVTPC) is a unique organization whose mission is to help students meaningfully experience a career/technical field of study at the high school level and simultaneously earn college credits

College Credit Plus (CCP) gives students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to take college courses for free and earn high school and college credit before graduating high school.

What Scholarships are available to high school students?

The Taylor Scholars Program provides graduates of the Young Scholars Program. Fast Forward Center partner high schools, and CCRCs with the opportunity to receive the Taylor Scholarship and holistic support from the Taylor Scholar Support Program. Program completers have the opportunity to earn a $3,000 scholarship to Sinclair for two years and a stipend of $300/semester.

Learn more about all available scholarships

How do I participate in Tech Prep?

Interested high school students can apply to Miami Valley Tech Prep online. Also available is an application walkthrough tutorial.

How do I know what CCP courses I should take?

Students should work with their high school guidance counselor to make sure that they are meeting their requirements for high school graduation.  Sinclair has also developed General Course Pathways to assist students/ families and high school guidance counselors with helping students choose courses that will decrease their time towards degrees in these pathways.  Working with a Sinclair Academic Advisor is recommended for students to ensure they are taking the best course options for their college degree and career goals.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Have more questions, contact us at 937-512-3000 or*

*This email address is for informational purposes only and should NOT be used for official communications, complaints for which a formal response or follow up is requested, or records request.

Send feedback to us about a FAQ/s or the FAQs results