RAT 2645 Magnetic Resonance Imaging Practicum
A clinical education course that provides hands-on experience performing magnetic resonance imaging procedures at an affiliate hospital and/or imaging center. Seven practicum hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Radiologic Technology
Repeatable Credit: Yes
Offered Online: No
- Identify and describe related contrast media in terms of characteristics, uses, and potential adverse reactions.
- Demonstrate entry-level performance competencies and describe procedure protocols related to head/neck, thorax, abdomen/pelvis, spine, extremities, and special procedures.
- Perform effective analysis when evaluating the final image for quality, using problem-solving techniques.
- Perform patient exams demonstrating humanistic, moral, ethical and efficient patient care techniques.
- Operate the magnetic resonance imaging console and equipment in a effective, efficient and safe manner.
Credit Hours: 1
Practicum Hours: 7