PTA 2400 Advanced Topics
Exploration of specialty and niche areas of physical therapy practice and ethical situations; resume writing; utilization of current evidence to educate others. Physiology and rational for use and application of emerging and re-emerging biophysical agents. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: PTA 2315
- Students will be able to competently apply modalities, assuring the patient's safety, comfort, and privacy; while monitoring the patient's response to treatment, and document appropriately.
- Students will utilize current evidence to educate others about physical therapy related topics.
- Students will be able to assess the patient's appropriateness for a modality and assess the treatment outcomes.
- Students will explore various niche markets in the physical therapy field.
- Students will discuss ethical situations related to patient care in physical therapy and compare/contrast appropriate actions/resolutions.
- Students will understand the principles of emerging and re-emerging biophysical agents and how to appropriately apply them to patients.
- Students will be able to select appropriate modalities to treat the affected tissue/structure.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2