NSG 1600 Health & Illness II: Health & Wellness Concepts
Applies nursing concepts and utilizes the nursing process in health promotion and nursing care of individuals and families experiencing prevalent health issues across the lifespan, including introduction to care of the child-bearing family. Total clock hours for theory: 45; Total planned clinical hours: 135; Total planned lab hours: 45; Clinical and lab hours combined: 180 hours.
Division: Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: NSG 1500 OR NSG 1400 AND NSG 1450
- Apply knowledge of human development to provide safe, quality individual and family-centered care
- Apply the nursing process to promote health/wellness and provide evidence-based care for individuals and families experiencing prevalent health issues.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of technology and informatics to support individual and family-centered nursing care.
- Apply knowledge of human development to demonstrate effective communication and caring behaviors for individuals and families.
- Incorporate patient and family's preferences, beliefs, and values to provide patient-centered care.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors within a legal and ethical framework when caring for individuals and families.
Credit Hours: 7
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3
Clinical Hours: 9