NSG 1500 Transition from Licensed Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse
Prepares for advanced placement into the RN program with foundational nursing concepts. Utilizes knowledge from general education courses and previous nursing education to care for individuals and families experiencing prevalent health issues across the lifespan. Focuses on scope of practice, critical thinking and refinement of psychomotor skills. Total clock hours for theory: 22.5; Total planned clinical hours: 22.5; total planned lab hours: 45; Clinical and lab hours combined: 67.5 hours.
Division: Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Explain current laws, standards, policies and ethical principles that influence the scope and practice of professional nursing in a variety of settings.
- Describe the interprofessional process to plan safe, evidence-based care to individuals and families.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of technology and informatics to support individual and family-centered nursing care.
- Apply knowledge of human development to demonstrate a health assessment using effective communication for individuals and families across the lifespan.
- Investigate the principles of safe nursing practice and best available evidence to support nursing interventions.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1.5
Lab Hours: 3
Clinical Hours: 1.5