MET 2251 Strength of Materials
Stress and deformations, torsions, shear and moments in beams, stresses in beams, beam deflections, combined stresses. This course is algebra based. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MET 2201 OR MEE 2101
- Evaluate mechanical properties of a material with the tensile test.
- Find maximum deflections in beams.
- Analyze members in tension, compression, shear, bending and torsion.
- Solve for maximum bending moments and stresses in beams.
- Perform combined stress analysis using Mohr's Circle.
- Find principal stresses for any state of stress.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2