MAS 2221 MAS Practicum II
Advanced experience in a physician's office, involving structured observations and unpaid participation in the administrative and clinical aspects of patient care under the supervision of a licensed physician, assisting with specialized clinical procedures, performing electrocardiograms, venipunctures and basic laboratory tests and advanced office management skills. One classroom, fourteen practicum hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Medical Assistant Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MAS 2201 AND MAS 2210 AND MAS 2220
- Observe and demonstrate assisting with advanced medical office clinical tasks.
- Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities associated with patient care at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in dress, language and interactions with staff and patients at an advanced level.
- Identify how the role of a medical assistant varies according to the practicum setting at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate the ability to document appropriately and accurately in both content and vocabulary at an advanced level.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1
Practicum Hours: 14