IND 2140 Sustainable Design
Course includes discussions of environmental movements, designer responsibility, legislation, LEED certification selection and application of lighting fixtures. Students will integrate sustainable strategies to develop design solutions for a variety of small-scale projects. Two classroom, four lab hours per week.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: CAT 1101
- Identify environmental science concepts of sustainability with appropriate terminology, and its role in economics.
- Identify the physical, psychological and sociological relationship between the built environment and people.
- Identify the assessment method, categories and requirements associated with LEED.
- Identify sustainable strategies in all phases of the design process.
- Describe lighting design techniques, vocabulary, selection, application, and quality in residential and non-residential interiors.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 4