HIM 1150 Survey of Electronic Health Records
Students will be introduced to the basic concepts and functions associated with keeping the electronic health records while exploring technology requirements and related options. Through this course, students will gain an understanding of the importance of privacy, confidentiality and security while maintaining patient information within the healthcare environment.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Health Information Management
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: HIM 1110 AND HIM 1101
- Describe the definition and scope of the electronic health record.
- Distinguish common formats and standards in an electronic health record.
- Outline the workflow within the electronic health record system.
- Analyze information collected from electronic healthcare records.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors, attitudes, and values consistent with and appropriate to the entry level HIM professional.
Credit Hours: 1
Classroom Hours: 1