GEO 2210 Advanced Spatial Analysis
This course will focus on GIS extensions to apply more complex functions and tools of ArcGIS. Students will learn how to utilize ArcGIS Network Analyst and Spatial Analyst tools to create, query and analyze data sets. Students will also learn to use GPS technology to collect data, build databases and prepare data for analysis using more advanced geodatabase tools. Three classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: GEO 1107
- Prepare data for use in analysis.
- Determine an appropriate approach to solving a spatial problem or answering a question using geospatial tools and methods.
- Run geoprocessing tools individually and implement a model to run several tools in sequence.
- Organize the data sets resulting from analysis.
- Present the results of a geospatial analysis using appropriate terminology and visualizations.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 2