EGV 2201 Electrical Lighting & Motors
This course covers components of lighting systems, control strategies, current technologies and electric motors. Energy efficiency opportunities and environmental impacts are identified and analyzed. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: EET 1120 AND EGV 1251 AND PHY 1100 OR PHY 1131 OR PHY 1141 OR PHY 2201
- Estimate energy use of lighting systems and motors.
- List and describe energy efficiency opportunities for lighting and motors.
- Describe the basic operation of lighting and motor systems.
- Demonstrate proper use of various required analytical instruments, including the multimeter and light meter.
- Explain the operation and application of variable speed and variable frequency drives and their impact on energy consumption.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2