EGV 1640 Introduction to Backflow
Examination of backflow prevention concepts designed to meet the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) 3745-95 Backflow Prevention and Cross Connection Control requirements. A water supply employee may be eligible to sit for the State of Ohio Department of Commerce Certified Backflow Technician exam. One half classroom hour, one and one half lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DEV 0035
- Identify the degree of hazard and various methods of backflow prevention protection. Review backflow prevention assemblies and methods.
- Review backflow prevention devices.
- Become familiar with the terminology used in the backflow prevention as discussed in OAC 3745-95.
- Discuss the theoretical and practical causes of backpressure and backsiphonage backflow.
- Review Ohio laws and regulations related to backflow prevention. Identify local standards that may apply to backflow prevention.
Credit Hours: 1
Classroom Hours: 0.5
Lab Hours: 1.5