EGV 1610 Water Distribution Systems
Examination of the basic concepts pertaining to the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment plants. Students will become familiar with analyzing and solving operational problems, operator performance, contingency procedures, and water treatment equipment. This course is designed to prepare students to sit for EPA Operator Certifications. Two lecture, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DEV 0035
- Review Ohio laws and regulations related to water distribution systems. Identify local standards that may apply to water distribution systems.
- Discuss theoretical and practical application of hydraulics. Perform calculations related to line loss and pump selection.
- Discuss the types of disinfection technologies used in the water treatment process. Discuss the effects of disinfection throughout the distribution process.
- Use terminology associated with water distribution systems.
- Identify the equipment associated with water distribution systems.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2