CLT 2210 Hematology
The course will introduce the students to the theory and practical application of routine and special hematology procedures, both manual and automated; red blood cells and white blood cells maturation sequences, and normal and abnormal morphology and associated diseases. Three classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Clinical Laboratory Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ALH 2220 AND BIO 1171
- Compare normal and abnormal erythrocyte morphology and related diseases.
- Compare normal and abnormal leukocyte morphology and related diseases.
- Describe routine hematology procedures to include a CBC and peripheral smear evaluation.
- Describe the basic laboratory techniques used in the hematology lab.
- Identify principles and procedures of hematology tests to include sources of error and clinical significance of results.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3