CAT 1101 Architectural Graphics I
Introduction to various graphic media tools and techniques, including sketching, manual drafting, and computer assisted drafting as appropriate to the built environment. Includes developing 3D visualization and analysis skills. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Architectural Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Develop 3-dimensional visualization skills to distinguish proper documentation requirements for solving architectural problems.
- Research and collect data on typical building components, materials and methods of assembly in typical residential construction.
- Use sketching techniques to explore plan, section, and elevation drawing concepts, as well as material relationships.
- Prepare architectural drawings using manual and computer aided drafting techniques, demonstrating proper layout, line quality, lettering and other drafting techniques to properly describe a floor plan, elevation, and building section.
- Research an architect or architectural topic and prepare a written report and visual presentation of findings, with emphasis on graphic techniques and communication.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2