AUT 1165 Automotive Brake Systems
Theory and operation of hydraulic braking systems, drum brake, disc brake and power assist diagnosis and service. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automotive Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Locate proper specifications and service information for automotive braking systems
- Utilize manufacturers' processes/procedures to diagnose brake assist systems, including vacuum and hydraulic boost systems.
- Perform proper disc and drum brake inspection and service procedures.
- Utilize manufacturer procedures to diagnose hydraulic braking system faults.
- Utilize manufacturers' processes/procedures to diagnose ABS braking system faults.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1.4
Lab Hours: 4.8