AUT 1142 Automotive Manual Transmission & Driveline
Theory and operation of clutch, manual transmission and transaxle, rear axle, limited slip differential, drive shaft, universal joint, four- wheel drive/all-wheel drive, diagnosis and repair. Basic hand tools required. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Automotive Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Identify components and proper procedures for axle and differential service and repair.
- Perform procedures for driveshaft and universal joint service and repair.
- Perform service procedures for four wheel drive and all wheel drive service and repair.
- Identify components and proper procedures for clutch service and repair.
- Identify components and proper procedures for transmission and transaxle service and repair.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1.4
Lab Hours: 4.8