ALH 2996 Simulation Technology Practice
The Simulation Technology Practice course will provided practical training within the healthcare simulation environment under the direction of an approved simulation supervisor. Fourteen practicum hours per week.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: ALH 2101 AND ALH 2131 AND BIS 1500 AND CIS 1140 AND CIS 2731
- Prepare, program, and operate simulators, part-task trainers, simulation rooms, and other equipment/props.
- Prepare the simulation environment as a “real” patient care environment according to the needs of the stakeholders.
- Prepare, program, and operate AV equipment.
- Orient stakeholders to simulation principles, simulators, equipment, and environment.
- Assist in maintaining reference materials, equipment specifications and operation manuals for all.
- Assist in the process of equipment and inventory management.
Credit Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 14