In the spirit of unity, the community will come together on Monday, January 21, to further Dr. King's dream and vision. Citizens will march to the heart of downtown Dayton to celebrate harmony, nonviolence, justice and equality.
Please join your Sinclair colleagues, students, alumni and their families for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Breakfast and Walk. The TENTATIVE schedule is:
- 8:30–9:00 a.m.—Breakfast in the Great Hall, Building 12
- 9:00–9:15 a.m.—Program: Keynote by Ms. Mary Tyler, Executive Director of NCCJ
- 9:15–9:30 a.m.—Join marchers at the Peace Bridge (West 3rd Street at the river)
- 9:30–10:30 a.m.—March to Dayton Convention Center
- 10:30–11:45 a.m.—Rally/speeches at the Dayton Convention Center
- Noon–1:00 p.m.—Viewing of the Presidential Inauguration
- 1:00–3:00 p.m.—Various Workshops
To register for the breakfast, visit the MLK Breakfast registration page.
For details on Sinclair MLK activities, visit the Sinclair MLK page.
For more information on community-wide events, visit MLK Dayton.