Business Information Systems/Information Processing (BUIP.S.CRT)
37.0 Credit Hours
This one-year certificate is intended to provide specialized training necessary to work with personal computers and end-user software applications. Students master the basics of customer service, workplace technology and electronic files management to provide administrative support in a variety of entry-level office positions.
- Explain the flow of information, media and documents throughout the life cycle; input, processing, output, distribution, use, storage, retrieval and disposition.
- Apply quantitative skills appropriate to business information occupations.
- Use specialized terminology effectively.
- Identify good human relations skills in various settings such as one-to-one, teams and groups.
- Assess business problems using analytical and critical thought processes to identify the best technology solution.