Creative Writing (CRWE.S.AA)
60.0-61.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue baccalaureate degree programs such as education, English, geography, history, modern languages, philosophy, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, etc. The student taking the Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences with the Creative Writing emphasis would plan to transfer to a four-year program in creative writing, English, or related field for which creative writing is a solid base. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities.
As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Create works that are polished enough to submit for consideration of publication.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Demonstrate skills in multiple creative writing genres. i.e.: poetry, script writing, fiction writing.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through: writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.