Residential Technician (RTC.S.STC)
9.0 Credit Hours
This certificate provides the basic education needed to apply for residential technician positions in mental health, addictions, developmental disabilities and other populations. The certificate includes safety of the resident, healthy communication, conflict resolution, knowledge of human services and behavioral health field, and professional and ethical expectations. There is a 105 hour practicum included in the certificate.
Prerequisites: DEV 0012 and DEV 0032
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures for response and maintenance of clients safety and health.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and skills of professional and ethical expectations of the residential technician.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of the role of the residential technician.
- Describe the services provided at a residential setting.
- Demonstrate basic skills in interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and documentation.