Social Work (SWKE.S.AA)
60.0-62.0 Credit Hours
The associate of arts degree is for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue baccalaureate degree programs such as education, English, geography, history, modern languages, philosophy, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, etc. Social Work is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four- year university in social work or a related field. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. In addition, this degree will fulfill the requirements for the Ohio Transfer Module at other Ohio public colleges and universities.
- Demonstrate professional ethics, attitudes and behaviors when interacting with clients in practicum settings.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills that a person must possess in order to be effective with multicultural clients in cross-cultural situations.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.