60.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue baccalaureate degree programs such as education, English, geography, history, modern languages, philosophy, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, etc. The Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences-Sociology emphasis is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year university in sociology or a related field. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate the ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation through an understanding of the sociological theories, perspective, scientific method and data analysis.