61.0-62.0 Credit Hours
The Associate of Arts is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue baccalaureate degree programs such as education, English, geography, history, modern languages, philosophy, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, etc. The Associate of Arts with emphasis in History is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university and pursue a baccalaureate degree in history, or a degree in which history is a strong foundation for the baccalaureate. The curriculum fulfills the freshman and sophomore general education requirements of most four-year colleges and universities. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Describe major historical themes and events in diverse times and places.
- Use historical evidence (primary and secondary sources) to construct arguments explaining historical events and trends.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy.