Powerplant Aviation Maintenance (PPAM.S.STC)
27.0 Credit Hours
The Powerplant Aviation Maintenance certificate provides the knowledge and skills required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the powerplant maintenance technician student. Students will learn to apply all the knowledge and skills in the lab portion.
- The required operation before overhaul, teardown, buildup, overhaul, inspection, installation of turbine engine or components and documentation.
- Implement required operation before overhaul or teardown, inspection, troubleshooting, repair, teardown, buildup, overhaul and installation of engines or components and certification documentation.
- Operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, install reciprocating engine systems and components, safety systems, electrical systems and document for legal sufficiency.
- Maintenance and overhaul of propellers Inspect and overhaul propeller and component systems for reciprocating engines.
- Operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair safety systems, electrical systems, installation of turbine engines, components and documentation.