Secure Your Future: Events for Adult Learners
You're Invited to Secure Your Future
Sinclair is holding a series of Secure Your Future Virtual Information Sessions. This series is specifically designed with adult learners in mind, with a focus on the topics that are important when getting started or getting started again.
Series topics include:
- Academic Divisions
- How to Begin
- Financial Aid
- Placement Testing and Tutoring Services
- Flexible Learning/eLearn and Academc Advising
- Career Exploration with YouScience
- Student Affairs and Resources
Are you looking to gain skills that will increase your job opportunities, help you get a promotion, or begin a new career? Join us to learn how Sinclair can help make your dream a reality. With more than 260 certificate and degree programs, supportive faculty and staff, affordable tuition, and flexible course offerings you can go from adult student to alumni quicker than you think!
Series Session Dates Registration Information
All sessions begin at 11 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
All sessions will be conducted using Zoom.
Click the date below to register.
Please register for all of the sessions you plan to attend:
Wednesday, September 16 | Business and Public Safety
Thursday, September 17 | Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Tuesday, September 22 | How to Begin
Thursday, September 24 | Career Exploration with YouScience
Tuesday, September 29 | How to Begin
Thursday, October 1 | Career Exploration with YouScience
Thursday, October 8 | Career Exploration with YouScience
Tuesday, October 13 | How to Begin
Thursday, October 15 | Placement Testing and Tutoring Services
Tuesday, October 20 | How to Begin
Thursday, October 22 | Financial Aid
Tuesday, October 27 | How to Begin
Thursday, October 29 | Flexible Learning/eLearn and Academic Advising
Series Session Topic Descriptions
- Explore the nearly 300 academic programs at Sinclair by academic division.
- Learn more about the exciting educational and career opportunities available within each academic division.
Career Exploration with YouScience
- Learn more about the YouScience assessment.
- Discover how your YouScience results can help you make an informed decision on your best-fit career choices.
Flexible Learning/eLearn and Academic Advising
- Explore Sinclair’s online programs and classes.
- Learn more about the difference between online, flexpace, and blended courses at Sinclair.
- Discover more about planning your educational path and how your Academic Advisor can help.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Learn about applying for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Discuss the criteria that you need to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Learn how to use the Financial Aid Self Service Portal.
- Explore scholarship opportunities.
- Discover what it means if you are selected for verification.
How to Begin & Next Steps for Enrollment
- Learn more about Sinclair and your next steps to starting classes at Sinclair Community College.
- Discover more about our academic programs including which programs can be completed online.
- Explore academic programs that can be completed in 15 months or 30 months.
Placement Testing and Tutoring Services
- Explore what placement tests may be required before you can register for classes.
- Discover if you will be required to complete placement tests.
- Learn about the process for taking the placement tests.
- Hear about the technical requirements for remote placement testing.
Student Affairs/Campus Resources
- Explore how Student Affairs offices can support you as you reach your goals.
- Discover programs that promote learning, access, wellness, personal development, and engagement.
- Learn more about Accessibility Services, Appalachian Outreach, Counseling Services, Student Judicial Affairs, LGBTQ+ Support, Military Family Education Center, Multifaith Campus Ministry, Ombudsman Solution Center, Student and Community Engagement, and Tutoring and Learning Center.