Secure Your Future: Events for Adult Learners
You're Invited to Secure Your Future
Sinclair is holding a series of Secure Your Future Virtual Information Sessions. This series is specifically designed with adult learners in mind, with a focus on the topics that are important when getting started or getting started again.
Series topics include:
- How to Begin
- Financial Aid
- Placement Testing
- Flexible Learning/eLearn
- Student Affairs and Resources
Are you looking to gain skills that will increase your job opportunities, help you get a promotion, or begin a new career? Join us to learn how Sinclair can help make your dream a reality. With more than 260 certificate and degree programs, supportive faculty and staff, affordable tuition, and flexible course offerings you can go from adult student to alumni quicker than you think!
Series Session Dates Registration Information
All sessions begin at 11 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
All sessions will be conducted using Zoom.
Click the date below to register.
Please register for all of the sessions you plan to attend:
Tuesday, July 7 | How to Begin
Thursday, July 9 | Financial Aid
Tuesday, July 14 | How to Begin
Thursday, July 16 | Placement Testing and Tutoring
Tuesday, July 21 | How to Begin
Thursday, July 23 | Flexible Learning/eLearn
Tuesday, July 28 | How to Begin
Thursday, July 30 | Student Affairs and Campus Resources
Series Session Topic Descriptions
- Explore Sinclair’s online programs and classes
- Learn more about the difference between online, flexpace, and blended courses at Sinclair
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Learn about applying for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Discuss the criteria that you need to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Learn how to use the Financial Aid Self Service Portal
- Explore scholarship opportunities
- Discover what it means if you are selected for verification
How to Begin & Next Steps for Enrollment
- Learn more about Sinclair and your next steps to starting classes at Sinclair Community College
- Discover more about our academic programs including which programs can be completed online
- Explore academic programs that can be completed in 15 months or 30 months
- Explore what placement tests may be required before you can register for classes.
- Discover if you will be required to complete placement tests
- Learn about the process for taking the placement tests
- Hear about the technical requirements for remote placement testing
Student Affairs/Campus Resources
- Explore how Student Affairs offices can support you as you reach your goals
- Discover programs that promote learning, access, wellness, personal development, and engagement
- Learn more about Accessibility Services, Appalachian Outreach, Counseling Services, Student Judicial Affairs, LGBTQ+ Support, Military Family Education Center, Multifaith Campus Ministry, Ombudsman Solution Center, Student and Community Engagement, and Tutoring and Learning Center