Miami Valley Teen Coding Challenge
Sponsored by Sinclair Community College and AT&T
The Miami Valley Teen Coding Challenge - Hackathon: Safe & Secure Home is a 17-week programming competition for Miami Valley high school students.
The competition provides students with 21st-century skills. Development of home automation solutions through applications, virtual reality, augmented reality, or robotics to make today's home smarter and more secure.
- Physical security or monitoring (with robotics, hardware or applications)
- Home entertainment automation
- Child monitoring or senior safety
- Home device (Internet of Things) cybersecurity
- Be creative and make the home of tomorrow smarter and more secure!
Teams will be judged on quality, execution, creativity, and the potential impact on the Miami Valley region.
Prizes for each category:
First twenty teams that RSVP get a special prize.
Kickoff Event - Sinclair Building 12 October 3rd, 2017 8am - 2pm
Judging and Awards Finale - Sinclair Building 12 January 31, 2018 8 am to 2pm
Sinclair Community College, Dayton Campus
One RSVP per school / organization
- Multiple teams allowed for school / club / organization.
- Team must have an adult (parent / teacher) as a team advisor. Max two team advisors per team.
- Max team size is five students. Team advisor does not count as part of the max team number.
- Limit of one project per team competing under one area (even if it bridges several technologies / areas one primary area needs to be chosen to be judged in).
- Initial project category can be changed between kick off and final presentation.
- Targeted grades are 9 thru 12 (exceptions for max two members under grade 9).
Photo's from last year's event!