PTA Program Mission, Goals, and Outcomes
To provide high quality education to students seeking the opportunity to practice as a physical therapist assistant under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
Goals and Outcomes:
- Student/Graduate Goal: Students/Graduates will demonstrate professionalism.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate competence in interprofessional collaboration.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Professional Behaviors and Core Values for the Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Student/Graduate Goal: Students/Graduates will engage in effective communication.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate effective written, oral, and nonverbal communication and interpersonal interactions.
- Student/Graduate Goal: Students/Graduates will provide high quality patient care under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate quality, safe patient care.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate sound critical thinking and problem solving.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate evidence-based decision-making.
- Program Goal: The program will engage in assessment for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Outcome: Full-time faculty will engage in a minimum of three appropriate professional development activities annually to enhance teaching/learning and program improvement.
- Outcome: Adjunct faculty will engage in a minimum of one appropriate professional development activity annually to enhance teaching/learning and program improvement.
- Outcome: The program will utilize evidence during assessment processes to anticipate and respond to the evolving nature of education, research, and practice.
Physical Therapist Assistant outcome results at the Dayton Campus for the last few years
|(A) Number of students admitted to original cohort who enrolled in the first term of the professional/technical program
|(B) Number of students who graduated at the normally expected time
|(C) Number of students who graduated within 150% of program length
|(D) Number of students in original cohort who did not complete the program within 150% of program length due to:
|(E) Academic or clinical deficit
|(F) Died/severely disabled/active military duty/health/family issues/other not related to academic or clinical deficit
|Graduation Rate (B + C) / (A - F)*
|Licensure Examination Pass Rate (First-time)
|Licensure Examination Pass Rate (Ultimate)**
|Employment Rate (Percentage of graduate respondents who sought employment that were employed as a PTA within 1 year following graduation)***
||85% of licensed
||87% of licensed
||100% of licensed
Two-year Graduation Rate: 2021 and 2022 = 81%
**Two-year Licensure Exam Pass Rate (Ultimate): 2020 and 2021 = 95%
***Two-year Employment Rate: 2020 and 2021 = 93%