PTA Program Mission, Goals, and Outcomes
To provide high quality education to students seeking the opportunity to practice as a physical therapist assistant under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
Goals and Outcomes:
- Student/Graduate Goal: Students/Graduates will demonstrate professionalism.
- Outcome: Students will participate in a minimum of four interprofessional education experiences across the curriculum.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Professional Behaviors and Core Values for the Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Student/Graduate Goal: Students/Graduates will engage in effective communication.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate effective written, oral, and nonverbal communication and interpersonal interactions.
- Student/Graduate Goal: Students/Graduates will provide high quality patient care under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate quality, safe patient care.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate sound critical thinking and problem solving.
- Outcome: Students/Graduates will demonstrate evidence-based decision-making.
- Program Goal: The program will engage in assessment for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Outcome: Full-time faculty will engage in a minimum of three appropriate professional development activities annually to enhance teaching/learning and program improvement.
- Outcome: Adjunct faculty will engage in a minimum of one appropriate professional development activity annually to enhance teaching/learning and program improvement.
- Outcome: The program will utilize evidence during assessment processes to anticipate and respond to the evolving nature of education, research, and practice.
|(A) Number of students admitted to original cohort who enrolled in the first term of the professional/technical program
|(B) Number of students who graduated at the normally expected time
|(C) Number of students who graduated within 150% of program length
|(D) Number of students in original cohort who did not complete the program within 150% of program length due to:
|(E) Academic or clinical deficit
|(F) Died/severely disabled/active military duty/health/family issues/other not related to academic or clinical deficit
|Graduation Rate (B + C) / (A - F)*
|Licensure Examination Pass Rate (First-time)
|Licensure Examination Pass Rate (Ultimate)**
|Employment Rate (Percentage of graduate respondents who sought employment that were employed as a PTA within 1 year following graduation)***
|| 100% of licensed
||100% of licensed
||85% of licensed
*Two-year Graduation Rate: 2019 and 2020 = 80% (Anticipated)
**Two-year Licensure Exam Pass Rate (Ultimate): 2018 and 2019 = 96%
***Two-year Employment Rate: 2018 and 2019 = 92%