There are also a number of Help Resources for your Gmail Account available from Google.
These resources are easily accessed within your Gmail account.
- Click on the Help link at the top right of your Gmail mailbox screen.
- The Google Help page will open. Click on the Gmail Help Center link to access Gmail help resources from Google.
There is also a link to a video overview of Gmail on this page.
At the bottom of the page are links to other services provided with your Gmail account.
- On the Gmail Help page, there are links to various topics related to Gmail including a getting started guide, searching Gmail Help, your account, your messages, and troubleshooting Gmail.
There is also a link to help for POP and IMAP (downloading Gmail messages to your computer to work with them in programs such as Outlook and Thunderbird).
- To access help for switching another email account to your Gmail account, enter switching in the search box and click on Search Gmail Help.
- In the search results, click on How can I switch to Gmail from another email service? link.
- Click on the interactive switching guide link.
- Enter the portion of your old email address that follows the @ sign into the box and click on Help Me Switch.
- Follow the switching instructions for that particular email account.