WIA Funding for Displaced Workers
WIA is a state funded, county administered program assisting individuals in acquiring skills necessary to obtain and maintain employment, which can include funding for retraining. Individuals are eligible for WIA if they have been dislocated through no fault of their own; suitability for retraining funds is assessed at the local state work agency.
- Learn more about state work agencies.
- Go to New Student Enrollment Center, Building 10, Room 10444
- Apply to Sinclair using one of the three methods below:
–In person at the Enrollment Center, Building 10, Fourth Floor, (937) 512-3000
–Mail the paper application to the address the application lists
- Apply for financial aid
–office of Financial Aid & Scholarships, Building 10, Room 10324, (937) 512-3000
- Take the ACCUPLACER placement test
–Testing Center, Building 10, Fourth Floor
–A practice test is available online.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor, Building 11, Third Floor. The Academic Advisor will review your placement test scores and help you choose classes and develop a schedule.
- There are two ways to register:
–In person: go to Registration, Building 10, Second Floor. You must have a valid I.D. with you to register.
–Online: log on to my.sinclair and click on Web Advisor.
- Go to Registration, Building 10, Second Floor
- You can get a copy of your book list from the following locations:
–Sinclair Bookstore, Building 7, First Floor
–Sinclair Central, Building 10, Second Floor